Friday, November 19, 2010

Gingerbread Punch Art Treat



Growing up as a kid, I loved treats my mom made. However, there where other goodies that I never could resist. When I found these treats again in the grocery aisle, it just brought back childhood memories with my siblings. Whenever we had this at home, we would grab them like chipmunks to a nut and hid them :) Hiding some so we would save some for later. If one finished their share, sorry for you, you can't have mine.

Anyway, I'm talking about Ding Dong's by Hostess! I took a bite and it literally time-warpped me back when I was 10. This was the perfect treat size for my 2-1/2" circle punch #120906. And they're already individually foil-wrapped! That's awesome!



This project was also made in my workshop with Judy and friends last night. It was a fun evening with them and we intend to do it again. I taught them the Designer Tote Box, Santa Matchboxes and these Gingerbread Punch Art Treat. Really pure fun! Judy makes really good mashed potatoes that had cheese and bacon..mmmmmm. Thanks for the dinner Judy. Not to mention the tri-tip and the roast chicken... fantastic.

Supplies Used:
- 2-1/2" circle punch #120906 (for the head)
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack #118309 (circle shape for the eyes)
- Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die #120893 (for the head band)
- 1-3/4" Circle punch # 119850 (for the smile)
- Heart to Heart Xl punch #119881 (for the cheeks)
- 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon - Real Red #109034
- Stamping sponge #101610 (to sponge whisper white ink onto the edges)
- Whisper White Ink Pad #101731 (Craft)

Very easy project for beginner crafters. Your kids would love to make them too :) Make them as ornaments or gift tags and watch your friends in awe.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

5 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

You KNOW you just make my JAW drop every time I visit your amazing creations... I'm so blessed to have you as a part of my Luv 2 Stamp Group... :)
Patty

Kim said...

Wonderful idea! This will be on my punch inspiration blog post tomorrow! TFS

Nancy Dawson said...

What great punchies! I have a blog award for you so please stop and pick it up. http://creativewishes.blogspot.com

Carla said...

Kay, that's GENIUS! I just love this project!

Teri said...

Kay, these are adorable! I might have to borrow your wonderful idea! You make the bestest stuff girl! Love visiting your blog, I get so inspired!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin