Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wizard of OWLZ - The Lion



Courage to do the things that inspire you to inspire others!!! That's what it takes to be with Stampin' Up! The Lion needs his courage, too, in some other way :) Anyway, here's how I made him:
- 2 Step Owl Punch (use So Saffron CS)
- Scallop Circle Punch ( Chocolate Chip Brown for his mame)
- 2 Step Bird Punch (use the leaf part of the punch for his tail and snip off the other leaves) I used one brown leaf for the tip.
- 1/2" circle punch (for eyes and eyelids - Summer Sun)
- 2 Step Owl Punch (use the same circle on his iris and his nose).
- Use Daffodil Delight CS for his vest
- Use Black fine pen to draw his whiskers

I hear some of you love the Wizard of OZ and some of you loves the lion. I hope I did justice to a lion owl...hihi. Enjoy making him.

BTW, just a question, who needed the heart and who needed the brain? I always get mixed up on those.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

It has been a while since I seen the movie, but I think the tin man needed the heart and the scarecrow needed the brain. The lion was cowardly and he got a ribbon that said courage on it. Wow it has been a long time. I will keep reading your blog and see if you get this cleared up. I am curious to see what is right.

lifesabeach32940 said...

I know!! I know!! My granddaughter LOVES the Wizard of Oz, so I watch this movie WEEKLY!! Ask me ANYTHING!! LOL the Scarecrow needed a brain, the Tin man needed a heart, and the Lion needed courage. :) I LOVE your Wizard of Owlz series. My grandaughter was Dorothy for Halloween last year, and I am going to figure out how to incorporate your characters on her scrapbook page!! Judy

Gina Wrona said...

The tin man thought he needed the heart and the scarecrow the brain. Love that movie and all your characters! Fabulous job sistah!

Hugs,
Gina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin