Thursday, April 1, 2010

EGGS Inspiration



Ok Ok Ok... the above photo is NOT my creation... the one below IS!!



I had to try Martha Stewart's Easter projects and I'd like to share it with you. I think the only thing I didn't do, is use the correct supply. Before I realized this, it was too late. I found the best supply to make a stencil or punch image on these eggs, are Stampin Up's Decor Elements Sheets p.158 (IBC). These are vinyl sheets of transfer tape to punch with and stick onto your eggs. I only used a plain alphabet sticker for scrapbooking... ugh!

Here's a representation of it, I apologize for the imperfectness but I think you get the picture :) But hey, I took some pictures from Martha's magazine so you can really get the picture.

Here's a Step-by-Step:

STEP 1:
If you're using SU! Vinyl sheets, punch your favorite image like a 5 petal flower or your Boho Blossom Punch and peel off the tape and adhere it on the surface of your egg. NOTE: Try to level out the sticker so ink will not go into the creases like mine did... ugh!!!





STEP 2:
Spray the Egg with a Coloring Mist or deep onto your dye. As soon as the egg is dry, peel off your vinyl adhesive and finish off with the name like I did. NOTE: Martha used the traditional dyeing technique with food coloring, vinegar and hot water.




STEP 3:
You can make your own stand. The one you see in the picture is made of craft wire. It's a graceful piece of wirework display inspired by egg holders that were popular a century ago. I wrapped a 20-gauge wire around a pen, flatten the resulting coil to create a series of loops, and then twisted the ends together to form a ring.





Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please visit my blog and my Stampin Up Website! Have a nice day!

2 comments:

Cindee Wilkinson said...

WOW! Your eggs are great! So beautiful. I just dyed eggs with my granddaughters. So much fun.

Whitney Richardson said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Wow, the work you put into this. Thank you so much for all your inspiration and taking the time to share the instructions with us. I am really receiving alot of creative inspiration from your blog. I love your work!
Thank you,
Whitney
www.whitney69.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin